I hope you are enjoying a great Father’s Day month – my favorite month of the year. I was blessed to spend the first week with my daughter leading the Father-Daughter Hiking Adventure and the second week with my son leading the Father-Son Backpacking Adventure, both in SW Colorado’s Weminuche Wilderness. While it is a local call to God from Texas, it sure feels like you are closer to Him in the mountains of Colorado!
Both of these trips were a week long and it was interesting to watch dads, daughters and sons decompress as we tuned out noise of the world – no cell service, no television, no radio, and tuned in to Christ. Discussions were real, laughter was genuine and relationships were strengthened. Is good to unplug from the world for a week!
Tips for unplugging:
- Leave office work at the office.
- Designate specific “no technology” time in the home, especially around the dinner table.
- Leave cell phones in the car, or at home when dating your daughter or spending time with your son.
- Schedule periodic weekend retreats with a focus on moving to new levels of relationship with your children and with the Father.
- Join us in Colorado August 3 – 9 for another father-daughter trip this year or commit to a 2015 trip.
As you tune out the noise of the world and tune in to Christ and family, you will be a hero in their eyes.